Condensation & Your Windows
The presence of condensation on the interior surface of your AMSCO Windows is not an indication that your windows have failed or that you have bad windows. In fact, the presence of condensation can be a sign that your home is built air tight.
The document Understanding Condensation & Your Windows explains causes and some simple remedies for dealing with condensation.
Here is quick checklist of things you can do to reduce the likelihood of condensation on your windows:
- Know and understand the sources of humidity in your home
- Adjust the relative humidity levels in your home
- Keep the humidity levels below 40% under normal conditions
- During cold weather, drop the humidity to 20% or lower depending on how cold it gets
- Always run exhaust fans when cooking or showering
- Open your blinds or drapes to allow air to circulate around your windows